The Fiber Optic/Cable Laborer is a member of a construction team that is responsible for trenching, plowing, and placing buried communication cable, fiber optic cable, conduits and other associated facilities.
- Opens trenches, backfills and compacts trenches using hand tools and power equipment.
- Placing strand and fiber, or copper cable in aerial applications.
- Pulls cable and wire through trenches and structural areas of buildings.
- Removes and replaces sod on easements.
- Self-motivated with ability to following oral and written instructions
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and cooperatively with coworkers
- Be at least 18 years old
- Utility construction experience a plus